Tuesday, October 11, 2005

What's goin' on

So, the new JFP (Jobs for Philosophers) came out yesterday. That means that the job search for next year is officially on. Neal has already dog-eared several listings that look interesting. There are a couple in Denver that would be nice! So far, Tech is the only Texas option available to him, and we don’t know if he will be getting that. There will be a lot of competition for that position including another visiting guy that Neal is working with this year. (We like him, so there are no hard feelings.) Anyway, pray for Neal as he looks for a job and seeks guidance and wisdom on how to provide for his family.

Madeline and I are officially 1 week behind in school due to all the gallivanting we have done around Lubbock. Yes, there is enough to do here to be considered gallivanting! However, Madeline has finished the first 26 lessons in the phonics book, therefore knowing her short-vowel sounds and beginning consonants. This week we are focusing on reading CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words. In handwriting and math, she has practiced writing all upper and lowercase letters and numbers 0 to 9. So, we are ready to move on to bigger and better things in both of these subjects. (That is the plan anyway.) I am so glad that we are able to be flexible with our schedule and allow for fun things. This week we have the park play date, we are going to an apple orchard (weather permitting), and we have MOPS.

Aidan and Evelyn are doing well. Aidan is coming right along with the toilet training. He is still not telling me when he needs to go, but he is having fewer accidents because I take him regularly and he is learning to wait until I take him! (I know you are all very interested in those types of details!) Evelyn has learned several new words including the word “NO”! She is our first child to tell us “no”. We were spoiled with Madeline who never wanted to defy us and Aidan who just does not say a whole lot. So, she has been learning what happens when you tell Mommy and Daddy “no”. She has also been learning her colors, which is a much more pleasant experience for her!

I am finally getting my Homemade Gourmet business going again. I have an open house next Thursday, an all day demo at my Curves in early November, and I am going to participate in a bazaar in mid November. So, I hope to drum up some business and do some home shows pretty soon.

That is the latest on us; I will be posting more news and pictures as we get some!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Ugh, I know the mad dash to get applications off will not be fun, but we are praying for y'all as you do this as well as the schools that will be looking at Neal. Can't wait to see what's in store!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

I am going to give grace her and ignore the fact that you accidentally used the words "officially behind" in the same sentence as a discussion of schooling at home. This will not be tolerated on a regular basis. You get "behind" only if your child loses his/her books on purpose. All other disturbances in the normal routine, especially gallivanting, do not result in being behind but only in occasional readjustment. The distinction is important and will keep you sane and coherent during difficult pregnancies, in-law visits, Christmas pageants, and prolonged cases of consecutive chickenpox.

Any questions?

:-)

11:40 PM  
Blogger Janice and family said...

Thanks for setting me straight Cathi! I have SO many OCDs, scheduling being one of them, that I must get over the fact that we are "off-schedule" (is that allowed?). However, it really does not bother me that much and we are having a blast!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home