Thursday, July 27, 2006

Curves

Neal and I have decided that I should work a few nights a week again. So a couple of weeks ago, I went to the Curves here in Norman. Unfortunately they were not hiring. So, I drove up the road about 10 miles to a town called Moore and popped in at the Curves there. They lady was thrilled that I was interested in working there and that I had experience at Curves before and I was hired the next day. During the summer, my work schedule will be sporadic, but I should have a normal schedule when school starts at the end of August.

This Curves is much smaller than the one I worked at in Lubbock. It has half the members and 9 out of 13 machines. It is only 2 years old and the manager is fairly new. She has already questioned me a lot on how we did things in Lubbock and I am hoping to help her grow this club. She was glad that I have taught the nutrition class before and will probably have me teach the one in the fall. She has also given me free range of the "boards". These are dry erase boards on the walls around the club used to market products, let people know of the specials, and write out inspirational thoughts and thought provoking trivia. They really can be revenue promoting tools and I plan to use them to their best advantage.

I have to admit, that although it is not ideal that I have a part-time job, I enjoy working at Curves. It is a great, encouraging environment for women. All the employees here are Christians. Most of the members are Christians. Also, it is a chance for me to meet other ladies in the community and have some adult time. In addition, I get to work out for free! Neal also enjoys the time he spends with the kids while I work. This is time he would normally spend working.

I am thankful for this opportunity here and am looking forward to another fun year working at Curves.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, if you've gotta work, this sure sounds like an ideal situation. Better than being constantly home in a new town where you don't know anyone. Man, you're gonna be one buff woman when we see you again, huh? Not me...I'll be, well, a small whale.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I'll be a whale too, don't look. But I'm glad you found a Curves there. I know how you enjoyed it and it works for your family. I miss working part-time, if only for that "adult time" away from "short people".

12:19 PM  
Blogger Janice and family said...

Thanks for the support girls!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Haha-Kristen is short too!

It really does sound good. I have several friends who work for curves all over the states and they love it too! Best of luck!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home